Sunday, November 16, 2008

boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses

my grandpa told me that after I got my first pair of glasses - at age 10.
first pair of glasses:
Photobucket
I didn't know what that comment meant at the time, but I remembered it. then at least a teansy bit consequently from grandpa's statement I almost always wore contacts from ages 12-22. sometimes I still feel sloppy or lazy if I wear my glasses (I wore contacts to my sister's wedding and sometimes when I go out) but as of a few years ago, I basically switched over to glasses full-time. on a similar note, I also stopped dying my hair and pretty much only wear elastic waist pants while in my house.

a couple days ago I took my sister, Emily, to my glasses guy:
Photobucket
he's great. he has a good sense of humor about the frames I bring him.
i.e. these sunglasses I had him put prescription lenses in.
Photobucket
and these toy glasses from Savers:
Photobucket

in a month and a half Emily is moving to Idaho and decided new glasses would be a big part of bringing granny style to Rexburg, ID.

some of the finalists:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
calling our mom to tell her about the pair she wants to buy (and is wearing)
Photobucket
you can bet on seeing A LOT more photos of these glasses on flickr once she picks them up this week.

this morning at brunch 5/6 of us had glasses. Friday night 3/4 of us had glasses.
Photobucket
I think it's only a matter of time til we take over the world.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Best post ever! I don't think your grandpa knew what he was talking about. Or perhaps he foresaw your future as a spectacled babe and was afraid.

Anonymous said...

emmy looks so cute in grama glasses! like sister like sister. the girl on the cover of the new anthro catalogue looks like you. (and emily)

revecca said...

I am usually the one making all the passes in my glasses. I am in love with all these amazing frames!
much love, becca