Monday, November 10, 2008

extreme hangover

a couple weeks ago my sister was watching something lame on tv (I didn't know what it was but I could tell it was lame) when I asked her what it was she said 'Extreme Home Makeover'
Photobucket
but I thought she said 'Extreme Hangover' which amused me for a while. I thought about how funny that show would be.... until Friday, when I lived it. and my memory was refreshed that someone hungover should never be videotaped or photographed. or probably be exposed to sunlight or living things.
Photobucket
Friday morning I saw Katie at Velouria. she said I 'looked tired' and asked if I ever went to bed the night before. it felt like I hadn't slept (or tasted water) in a long time.
Photobucket
that image still makes me queasy.

about 5 years ago my cousin Aileen showed up to a family gathering at my grandma's house in NH really hungover. she didn't want to tell my relatives why she didn't feel good so all my aunts started thinking maybe it was morning sickness. they laughed and looked disappointed when she told a select few she wasn't up the spout.
here we are 2 months ago at Shannon's wedding (happily inheriting some champagnes)
Photobucket
enough of the lowlights, time for highlights.

Friday night were happyhaps for Elise's 25th birthday. Elise enjoying a sangria sampler:
Photobucket
friendly bats at Kaitlin's art show:
Photobucket
AI goes to the Pistons:
Photobucket
I'm not sure how I feel about the trade. it will be interesting to see how the remaining Pistons react to having a superstar instead of being the team with no stars. I watched the Celtics - Pistons game last night and was surprised how handily the Cs won. I didn't miss Billups or McDyess that's for sure.

I finished reading Little Children and The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta. I'm almost done with The Uses of Enchantment. I need a book to read next, I'm on a roll. if Mary finishes Notes on a Scandal soon I will read that. I'd like to have a book club of books made into movies. then it can be a book and movie club.

Happy Birthday Perk
Photobucket

the party at the Good Life was beyond good.
Photobucket
they asked Mary and I to have a monthly party there, so more partees to come! the next one being December 6.

1 comment:

alice.popcorn said...

you're so funny! how do you know soo much about sports?!