Wednesday, June 18, 2008

get in my poster

there isn't much I can say about the game last night, besides how thrilling it was to see our boys win.

Photobucket
Peanuts in Celtics gear would be a way better mascot than the leprechaun with the giant hands.  just sayin......

Paul Pierce you can do no wrong.
Photobucket

if I had photoshop, I would definitely add myself to this picture
Photobucket

and maybe this one
Photobucket

when I was in middle school, I used to sing "We are the Champions" before bed.   I always shared a room with my sister, Shannon, and if I didn't burst into song when we got into bed, she'd say "Heids are you gonna sing?"  gosh I was so weird.  why that song?  why Queen?  last night that song played while the C's celebrated.   I wish I could have serenaded them.

no Sox and no Celtics tonight.  

so, I was thinking about making my blog a source for people who don't watch sports but want to find out what's going on so they are informed enough to watch with people who watch sports.  .....I don't think I could phrase it better than that run-on sentence.

there's a great line from an early episode of Gilmore Girls.  when asked if she likes sports, Rory says, "we enjoy certain aspects of various sporting endeavors" then her mom says, "but it wouldn't be that kind of thing you could ask any follow up questions on."

I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about inter-league play.  if you're wondering why the pitcher is batting you've come to the right place.  in the National League there is no Designated Hitter, the pitcher bats for himself.  during inter-league play if the home team is in the NL, then they go by the NL rule of no DH.  thus the pitcher bats.  
and if you're a dummy like Chien Ming Wang, you hurt yourself running the bases.
Photobucket

if YOU have a question, you know how to find me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE. Was your first installment of "making my blog a source for people who don't watch sports but want to find out what's going on so they are informed enough to watch with people who watch sports." inspired by me, since I asked you that question a couple of weeks ago?! hahah. That's a good idea though. SEE ya.