Tuesday, August 19, 2008

blog party

I'm constantly getting new ideas of topics to blog about, but there's just not enough time to organize all the sentences I construct in my mind into the eloquent brain candy I want my blog to be. You know?

I recently had the chance to talk with some people who read my blog (!) and got their feedback. I was really happy to learn that at least a few of you are coming here to learn about sports. I'm sorry my focus has lately diverted to cats. Also, there has been some curiosity expressed about what it is I do at work. I will tackle that next time.

Here's a picture of Jack!
Photobucket

Sunday morning Biff escaped and got in a fight with the neighbor's boxer.
Photobucket
(not actual dog)
now Biff runs under my bed when he hears the dog bark. sad panda.

Every so often my sister, Emily, likes to remind me of how I taped over the last episode of Full House with a baseball game (this happened about 10 years ago). I feel bad about it (in part) because I can't even remember what game it was... probably a Fox Saturday baseball game with This Week in Baseball before it. In the mid-late 90s I was really into taping sports onto VHS.
Photobucket
Do you ever have one of those small epiphanies when you're looking up directions or something online and think 'how did people do this without the internet?!' When you wonder that whilst looking at sports videos on Youtube, the answer is: VHS.

I know I have a tape somewhere with highlights of the '96 Olympics (it's probably with my '96 Olympics t-shirt). As I watched some women's gymnastics on Sunday night I noticed something that has appeared to withstand the test of time and transcend cultural boundaries.

Almost all gymnasts wear scrunchies.
Photobucket
1996
Photobucket


so interesting.

I miss Manny.

I forgot to watch Alex on Sox Appeal. I'm going to look it up on Youtube.