Saturday, August 16, 2008

it's a pet crate that cleverly doubles as a stylish end table

yesterday I went into my old apartment (chez Curran) for the first time since I moved out.
Photobucket
the stairs have the same squeaks. the kitchen has the same smells. I instinctively shut the door quickly behind me so that the cats wouldn't run out (even though no cats live there anymore). I thought about all the times Biff ran upstairs to the other apartment where the girls hated him.
the googly eye is still on the light switch.
one noted (and needed) change - the bathroom sink now has only one faucet.
Photobucket

about an hour ago my upstairs neighbors invited me to come up to their friendly get-together later tonight. in the 10 seconds our doors were open Biff ran upstairs into their apartment. as one of the girls chased him, the other girl told me something very disturbing... they have pet rats... that run around their apartment. my eyes got really wide and I had flashbacks to the horribly disgusting rat in my Fenway apartment that I named Quiznos. sensing my repulsion, my neighbor said, "the rats look like your cat, they are the same colors."
Photobucket
Biffy has nothing in common with a rodent.

happy times chez Curran
Photobucket
Photobucket

I can't believe a year ago I was still living in the Fenway apartment. it seems like forever ago. I moved into that apartment when I was 22.

the annoying, loud apartment across the street is having a party, like right in the street. they are listening to Fugazi. the cats are all watching in the windowsill.

so last week I was cat cuddling at the MSPCA and they told me that they took in over 40 cats that week. if you are thinking of getting one, there are some I could recommend. I'm a certified animal helper.
Photobucket

Chip changed my homepage to www.bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.com

No comments: