Tuesday, July 29, 2008

activities

yesterday I was riding my bike around JP and I saw the guy from Revolution who fixed my bike. he waved and looked proud. I even rode one-handed for a bit while I drank my iced coffee... that was actually more nerve racking than I thought it would be.

Emily and I played tennis at Stony Brook. I felt rusty and my forearm is still tired. but I'm optimistic that I can be in full form soon. and my muscles look huge. anyone want to play tennis?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday I went out in a Mercury sailboat on the Charles. for a little while Rob, Katie, and I were under the Longfellow Bridge. even though we weren't supposed to be under there it felt cool to be in a place that not too many people had been. some little flakes of the underside of the bridge fell on me. I put a piece of it in my pocket to take home. I wonder how many people have touched the underside of that bridge...
Photobucket

a few weeks ago I didn't even know words like boom vang existed. now I use them like a life-long sailor (almost).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heidi. i am a big fan of your blog!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I wanna play tennis. I don't have a racket though. I think there's a tennis court over here too.

heidi said...

i have extra rackets!