Sunday, July 6, 2008

your food is baloney

you know how the smell of deli meat pops up everywhere?   I've been at shows, bars, walking down the sidewalk, etc. and all of a sudden there's that odeur de bologna.  where does it come from?  I was on the t a few days ago when that familiar scent wandered through.   I thought it's origin would remain a mystery, as usual.  then the crowd parted and I saw a girl eating..... a lunchables.   
Photobucket
ew.  ewskies.  I didn't even know people still ate those.  I believe people ate them at one point, because I definitely begged my mom to buy them for me when I was younger.  ("but mommm pleeeease, you won't have to make my lunch anymore!!!!")
then it got worse.  she stacked a lil sandwich and fed it to her boyfriend.   gah!  I threw up in my mouth.  after the initial horror wore off I started wondering if people everywhere are making slimy meat sandwiches and this is just the first time I saw it.  
hmm more food for thought.

while we're on the topic of gross food, I'd like to talk about my younger sister's diet.... 
here is a snapshot of our freezer:
Photobucket
did you think you saw a bag that said Fun Nuggets?  yes you did.
Photobucket
Photobucket
who has this much goldfish in their house?
Photobucket
this much mac n cheese?
Photobucket
I wish Emily hadn't drank all of the Sunny D because I would've included a photo of that as well.  I bet the next time she goes to the grocery store she's going to buy lunchables.

when I take the T from Tim's house in the morning, the T stop has this inside:
Photobucket
I think they sell donuts.

last night I heard a Spank Rock song (Bump) on a salad dressing commercial.  I wonder if the Wishbone execs know the lyrics to that song.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, isn't that pretty much what your freezer looked like at your place in fenway? lol.